šŸŽ‰ NEW FEATURE: Order Slicing

@Ashishupstox - I donā€™t appreciate the insinuation of this last reply. A trader that burns through their capital canā€™t trade anymore; I would much rather someone trade less frequently but profitably than frequently but unprofitably. Keep in mind, there isnā€™t a single way to trade: we have scalpers, day traders (ex: directional, momentum, statistical arbitrage), BTST/swing traders (ex: directional trades, non-directional trades, volatility arbitrage, event trading), and positional traders (ex: equity option writing, convergence trades).

What is consistently true about trading is that capital management, risk management, and emotion/impulse management are absolutely critical for long-term success. IMO, the kill switch isnā€™t a ā€œtime for me to go home for the dayā€ button after Iā€™ve hit some max gain or loss; this isnā€™t something to be used on a daily or weekly basis. I do recognize that there are at least two types of overtrading:

1. ā€œPushingā€ a few too many times after a good day (or a bad day to make a comeback).
  2. ā€œSwimming against the tideā€ multiple days in a row when the markets donā€™t align with your trading tactics.

For me, the far bigger concern is the second one ā€“ there is a huge difference between a suboptimal trading day and bleeding capital when the markets arenā€™t going your way. I am open to considering a different time period and we can do a research study in addition to collecting more data to determine which is the best. However, there is rarely ā€œoneā€ best. What will be the best for the majority will unfortunately be suboptimal for others.

@mike
Thanks for your detailed reply.
I certainly see some good updates from.upstox.

1 Like

Hello Team,
Some of the good features about old Upstox app were as below:
-We were easily able to place new order directly from previously traded strikes list in closed orders window.
-while closing open order, we were continues to see the ongoing P&L until we pres order exit or close button.

Check if we can Include them in new application.

Hi @Ashishupstox,

We have noted your feedback and shared it with our team for further evaluation. Thank you!