Error 16585 resolution

I am writing this again in hopes of my issue getting resolved but i couldn’t even get a reply to my email last time from your customer support team.

I am facing issues while placing orders on upstox pro app and the error it shows is error 16585 “Not a valid account number”

Kindly resolve this issue as soon as possible

My Customer ID- 3GAZDW

Registered Mobile number- 9815558604

Hi @Aman,

The rejection is from the Exchange and it could be because of KYC validation pending.

Please check this article and follow the steps carefully to complete the KYC validation: What is the process to verify KYC details (email and mobile number) registered with KRA? - Upstox Help Center

Once you raise a ticket, let us know the ID and we will get in touch with you soon.

Hello can anyone help me on this issue lpease when I tried to place orders its showing 16585 not a valid account number. My aadhar and pan card is linked also but still showing the same…My UCC 38B5S5

Hi @Rushikesh,

The rejection is from the Exchange and it could be because of KYC validation pending.

Please check this article and follow the steps carefully to complete the KYC validation: What is the process to verify KYC details (email and mobile number) registered with KRA? - Upstox Help Center

Once you raise a ticket, let us know the ID and we will get in touch with you soon.