Invalid PAN for a month now

I am unable to buy or sell as my PAN shows invalid. CDSL had already cinfirmed that PAN verficiatoin is complete. Pls help me here
5BAKEF my account

@Indarun01,

Thanks for sharing your UCC details with us. Allow us sometime, we will get this checked and update you.

Hey @Indarun01,

Upon investigation, we found that your account was deactivated by the exchange due to a mismatch in your date of birth (DOB) records. To resolve this issue, we need you to provide the correct DOB details.

Please courier a copy of your PAN card along with any other official document (e.g., Aadhaar card or passport) that verifies your DOB to the address mentioned here: How do I change my Date Of Birth (DOB) on my account? - Upstox Help Center

Once we receive these documents, we will work on reactivating your account as soon as possible.

Hi Vishal,

Can I share it online here, sharing by courier is time taking. All my documents have same dob not sure how can this happen.

Thanks & Regards
Arun

Hi @Indarun01 , we have arranged a call for you. A Upstox representative will reach out to you soon.

Dear Vaibhav,

I am currently travelling and have limited connectivity, would recommend if you can plan for a call tomorrow, Wednesday noon or late.

Thanks & Regards
Arun

Sure @Indarun01

We have noted your request.