WHY SGBs , Govt bonds and Govt securities not considered as cash component equivalent in UPSTOX while pledging?

Hi
Good morning
Now SGBs DEC 23 series credited and showing in my UPSTOX account …but not able pledge the same …please look into this ASAP .

Hi @ADINARAYANA,

Currently, the exchange has not included it in the approved list. If it gets added to the eligible list by the exchange, it will be automatically included and available for pledging. Thank you.

I am also going to shift to other broker probably zerodha.

I have been facing this issue since last 3 months that you are not allowing liquid bees as a cash component collateral. Instead you are expecting me to have 50% of my margin in cash.

Hey @I_Maario,

Welcome to Upstox Community!

Although it’s still considered part of the cash equivalent, it’s not reflected under direct collateral field. Upstox has introduced a 100% collateral usage feature for user convenience, prompting this adjustment. Margin obtained against cash equivalent securities can now be fully utilized for future trading and option selling without incurring any interest charges. I hope this helps. Thank you.

When dec series SGBs allowed for margin pledge ??
Still waiting

Hey @ADINARAYANA,

The exchange has not included it in the approved list as of now. If it gets added to the eligible list by the exchange, it will be automatically included and available for pledging. Thank you.

Hi,

I think the exchange has included in the approved list. Because in Zerodha’s approved list SGB DEC series is available for pledging. But still not updated in the upstox approved list.

Hi

I have pledged SGBs …again facing same issue , upstox not considered SGBs as Cash margin…
Could you DM me …I will share my UCC CODE …pls help in consider as Cash margin…otherwise I will leave upstox within 15days …this is final request

i I have pledged SGBs …again facing same issue , upstox not considered SGBs as Cash margin… Could you DM me …I will share my UCC CODE …pls help in consider as Cash margin…otherwise I will leave upstox within 15days …this is final request

First they were considered as cash component in January . now they are not counting as a cash margin

Hey @ADINARAYANA ,

We are here to help you. Request you to raise a ticket here: https://uptx.to/tikt along with the error screenshot. Please share the ticket number with us here once you raise it.

Than what should i do .!.
Shall I exit from upstox ??
.that is what your asking me to do ??

Do you give any clarity on this

1 Like

On website it is showing you can use 100% cash COLLETRAL margin against SGBS but they are charging interest . Please solve the issue

1 Like

Hey @GIRISH & @ADINARAYANA ,

Please refer to the list below for stocks considered as cash equivalent.

We have noted your feedback, and are also going to add a new column in list of eligible scrips in margin pledge to indicate if a scrip is cash equivalent, to avoid any confusion.

Dear Girish

Here I am attaching call conversation with your customer care team…

They said SGBs not considered as CASH EQUIVALENTS.

who’s words we have to believe??
It’s a full confusion to customers .
Please improve your customer care .

(Attachment record-1709269773029.wav is missing)

1 Like

Welcome to Upstox Community, @sundaresan_s

We are pleased to inform you that, SGB DEC series is now available for pledging on our platform. In case you need any other assistance, feel free to write back to us. Thanks.

Hey @ADINARAYANA ,

We apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. Your feedback is important to us and has been forwarded to the relevant team to help improve our services.

Mail received from upstox customer care , stated clearly that in" UPSTOX SGBs are not considered as cash equivalents"…

In community upstox stating that SGBs are cash equivalents…

Inside your customer care and community does not have clear idea …

We customer of upstox are suffering …

Time to take decision for switchover to better broker…

1 Like

Hello madam

Where is your support in this case as you promised in last conversation m.

Mail received from upstox customer care , stated clearly that in" UPSTOX SGBs are not considered as cash equivalents"…

In community upstox stating that SGBs are cash equivalents…

Inside your customer care and community does not have clear idea …

We customer of upstox are suffering …

Time to take decision for switchover to better broker…

Customer care is telling need to maintain 50:50 ratio in sgb pledging