Illiquid Scripts

Hi Team,
I am a regular to futures and options segment of your Upstox App. However there are some risk management rules in place which is not allowing me to place order for some illiquid long dated options. I am able to buy the same options from Zerodha. Please look into it. If this is the case then in long term I will need to seriously think of changing my trading app.

Some examples: Nifty CE 27000 for Dec 2024 expiry, or today I was not able to buy Bajaj Auto june 2024 futures inspite of it having a trade volumne of 13,500

Hey @Madhur, thanks for connecting with us.

Currently, trading is restricted in Stock Option contracts if there is less volume or due to illiquidity. To optimize your trading experience, we recommend engaging in Stock Option contracts with a volume of 100 or more. Read more here: Important update on trading in illiquid Options - Upstox

The restriction is as per our RMS (Risk Management System) policy, and you can learn more about it at https://uptx.to/RMS_Policy

Feel free to reach out to us in case of any other queries.

Bajaj auto june fut as of this moment has the traded quantity 13000 (104 lots), still not allowing trade, can you explain. Attaching the screenshots

Hey @Madhur ,

Currently, trading is restricted in Stock Option contracts if there is less volume or due to illiquidity. Read more here: uptx.to/illiquidOptn The restriction is as per our RMS (Risk Management System) policy, and you can learn more about it at uptx.to/RMS_Policy. Feel free to reach out to us in case of any other queries.