I want to Place Basket Order which method do i need to use Place Order API or UPlink Business?

I want to Place Basket Order which method do i need to use Place Order API or UPlink Business ?

How do i get Order Status , Margin , Holding if I used the UPlink Business API

Hi @Parag_Chitodkar

1. Currently, basket orders are not available on Upstox API, you would need to send the orders 1 by 1 using the Place Order API here

2. UpLink Business APIs and endpoints are only accessible to organisations or businesses with multiple users. For such use cases, a multi-client app is created manually via backend. Upto 20 orders can be placed at a time via UpLink Business.

3. Order Status, Margin, Holding, etc is same for both individual trader or for UpLink Business

Hope this helps and clarified your query

Hi Abhishek ,
I need to use UpLink Business APIs .
Can explain the workflow how to use this API’s . If i used UpLink Business APIs how I will get Order Status , Margin , Holding of customer.

1. UpLink Business APIs and endpoints are only accessible to organisations or businesses with multiple users. For such use cases, a multi-client app is created manually via backend. Upto 20 orders can be placed at a time via UpLink Business.

If possible call me @9768041641

Hi @Parag_Chitodkar,

I believe a multi-client app is being created for you. You will shortly receive the credentials.

Some points to note

1. UpLink Business has multiple modules, once a user selects stocks/strategy at your end, you will have to invoke the module accordingly as stated here
  2. The calls to the APIs requires access token
  3. You can integrate Upstox login using the login API and once a user logs into your platform via Upstox login, an access token will be generated which can be used to fetch data like user profile, funds, order details, etc
  4. Additionally, order updates can be received via webhook as well. Steps mentioned here.

Hope this helps. Thanks

What I understood as follows
I need to integrate Upstox login using the login API ( https://api-v2.upstox.com/login/authorization/dialog?response_type=code&client_id=&redirect_uri=&state=)
and once a user logged in I need to use Uplink Business APi to place basket order .

Is my understanding correct ?

@Parag_Chitodkar yes, your understanding is correct

Do also note that UpLink Business a user-driven i.e all action like reviewing the orders and then submitting the order is a user-driven process on the UI

Hi Abhiskek,

Thanks for quick reply.
But in Login API we need to send client ID , its common for all users ?
I checked the Uplink Business API UI , there is option to Edit & Delete scripts , by any chance can we hide the same as our business requirement does not allow to edit / delete order.
If yes how?

If possible can we connect through Gmeet or call me @9768041641

Hi @Parag_Chitodkar ,

Currently, disabling edit option is not available due to regulations.

We are aware about the same and will add an option to disable edit for users once it is approved as per regulations and norms.

My problem is when I try to place order for option short strangle strategy. Each leg order is checking for full margin, so when I place order for leg2 order fails due to insufficient funds. I don’t get to use margin benefits. Any suggestions from Upstox API team?