Excessive Charges for Transactions

Excessively high charges being charged on Upstox. When i contacted Customer Care, they say they old customers have got free delivery charges and only Quartely maintenance charges. However, new customers have to pay for Delivery charges and they cannot be moved.

– Is this a crime to be a customer of Upstox?

Hi @RahulMittal87,

We understand your concern.

We follow a pay-per-use model. We only charge a minimal brokerage up to ₹20 when you place a trade. All other charges are levied by the government or regulatory bodies.

Please click on the below mentioned link to know more about the charges by Upstox: Brokerage Charges - STT Charges - Demat Charges - Upstox.

Alternatively, could you please share your UCC?

You can also raise a ticket here regarding this and share your ticket number with us.

Our concerned team will immediately get in touch with you.

Hi @Ushnota ,

Sorry but I couldn’t understand the acronym UCC. Could you please elaborate.
Also, how to raise ticket? Do i need to do it from Community or using App?

I have sent you the link in the last message itself.

Please click that link to raise a ticket and then share the ticket ID with us.

@Ushnota : Here;s the ticket as you requested : https://help.upstox.com/support/tickets/7831103

Hi @RahulMittal87,

Our team has called and replied to your ticket.

Do let us know if you’ve any further concern. Thanks.

Hi @Ushnota ,

Yeah, I spoke with the team. Apparently, nothing can be done it seems.

I am disappointed though because I see almost 30% of my profit goes in Brokerage and other charges. :frowning: … in other brokers, its not the case.

Transfer your portfolio to different broker @RahulMittal87

Hi @RahulMittal87 and @suroor_aga,

We understand your concern.

At Upstox, we follow a pay-per-use model, meaning we don’t charge maintenance fees. You only incur brokerage charges when you place an order in Equity, F&O, Commodity or Currency segments. Investments in Mutual Funds and IPOs are completely commission-free.

In other words, you pay a small price to access all services on our mobile and desktop platforms. These include our industry-first features like TBT-powered charts, an Option Chain with Greeks, separate app modes for traders and investors, news-based insights, smartlists, advanced tools for technical analysis and more. At Upstox, we prioritize your success, helping you invest and trade the right way.

We even offer holistic wealth management services – all for free! This includes ready-to-invest Mutual Fund portfolios, a free wealth check-up, a wealth tracker and goal-based investing.

With 99.9% uptime, you can count on us for a reliable and timely trading and investing experience. All other charges are set by government or regulatory bodies and you can get a complete break-up here: Brokerage Charges - Demat Charges - STT Charges - Upstox.

We hope you understand and would love to hear if there’s anything specific you’d like us to add to our platform to better support your investment and trading journey. Your feedback is valuable in helping us enhance your experience.