About the brokerage charge on equity order

Is not it nowadays the brokerage fees in upstox equity order is very high. There are so much apps with zero equity brokerage. But upstox still levies Rs. 20 brokerage on every order of equity. For this reason many clients can go to other apps for equity investment. I think upstox should do some improvement here.

Hello @Rahul_Das ,

I am also facing same problem.

I am individual trader and for 1 side order 20rs is very high.

If Upstox doing the same thing in future then need to look forward to other brokers that is for sure.

Upstox don’t charge brokerage for delivery otherwise you will loose customer base.

Hey @Rahul_Das & @Chaitanya_Kalyani,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand your concern regarding the brokerage fees. At Upstox, we offer zero annual maintenance charges (AMC) and operate on a pay-per-use model with a minimal brokerage fee of up to ₹20 or 2.5% per executed order, whichever is lower. Any additional charges are levied by government or regulatory bodies.

For more details on our pricing, visit: Brokerage Charges - Demat Charges - STT Charges - Upstox To see a detailed breakdown of charges, please refer to: What is a Ledger report and how do I access it? - Upstox Help Center

If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to raise a ticket here: https://uptx.to/tikt

Hello @vishalchawda,

Till now equity deliver order was having zero charges and now you are charging 20rs delivery charges its too high.

I do swing trading and places 8-10 orders per day by considering 10orders/day it means 200rs only paying for brokerage that is too high for me and profit is also not consistent at the end can go into loss only.

Currently other brokers are also providing free delivery.

If upstox provides free delivery then only it make sense to use upstox otherwise need to move further with other broker. I was already moved from Fyers to Upstox because of API now again need to move back.For sure I am not only one who will think the same.

Please re-look into this point.

Hi @Chaitanya_Kalyani,

We understand your concern, but please allow us to explain.

We offer a range of value added services at no additional cost, including Goal-Based Investing, Wealth Tracking, Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs), top-rated Mutual Funds, curated news and insights, Insurance, NCDs and more.

What’s more, we’re the only broker with 2 distinct modes: one for investors and another for traders all on one app. This saves you from the hassle of switching between multiple platforms for your wealth management needs.

While we can’t comment on the charges of other brokers, we want to emphasize that we provide all this at zero AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges). This means you can access our platform and all its features without any cost; you only pay when placing an order.

Also, we’ve revamped our API platform - currently orders via API are brokerage-free, refer: API Documentation – Fast Secure Free – Upstox | Upstox Developer API

If you’d like to know more about our features in detail, we’re happy to get on a call and explain them to you.

Hello @vishalchawda ,

AMC is acceptable for providing features. If you charge more AMC is also acceptable up to certain limit but for equity one side order is too high for small trader like me.

At least I cant afford this fees.

I moved from Fyers to Upstox because of Trust factor and API fees.

But for API also has lot of gliches because of that left development in middle because of low charges. Now giving 20 one order is not possible.

I am saying up front but you can loose too much customer base because of charges.

Investor can afford but small trader cant afford 20rs per order and now gov also increased GOV charges as well ultimately its affecting profit and pushing into losses.

I kindly suggest @upstox team again re-look into strategy.

If you feel charging 20rs delivery order is good then all the best.

I agree with you. Even they are saying that they are not charging AMC hence they are taking brokerage. But other brokers are also not charging AMC and still they are not taking brokerage on equity. Anyways @vishalchawda If you are saying that you are not charging AMC, then please do charge AMC and remove brokerage per order that will be great help if you can’t make trade brokerage free.

Upstox should start AMC and make brokerage free because if small investors like me give so high brokerage charges in buying and selling equity then all the profit will go into the brokerage. I love the upstox application buy I cannot use it for my equity investing because of this hefty charges.

Hi @Chaitanya_Kalyani ,

We can’t comment on the fees of other brokers, but we can assure you that our API services have maintained a 99.9% uptime and are glitch-free. If you’re experiencing any issues, please let us know so we can understand the problem better and assist you further.

Hi @Jagdish_j_ptl & @Rahul_Das ,

We would like to understand your feedback in detail. Can you please share your UCC ID with us here, so someone from our team can get in touch with you?

Here is my UCC id is 68ACEW. You can reach out anytime.

Hey @Jagdish_j_ptl,

Thanks for sharing your UCC with us. Following your conversation with us over the call, we have made a note of your feedback and will evaluate it further.