Changes in market quote and websocket

Upstox uplink getting very confusing day by day

For market quote we need the instrument format: [“NSE_INDEX|25”]

For websocket we need in this format: [“NSE_INDEX|Nifty Bank”]

Why there changes? why upstox not following any one method? Its helps lot using any one way. Its sometime get difficult to follow two way. Like this many improvements require. Other broker has vaery simple way. Upstox making it complex.

Both market data and websocket functionalities necessitate the use of instrument keys. As market quotes are accessed using these instrument keys embedded in the URL, standard URL encoding is essential to format them correctly.

The provided instruments file includes these unique instrument keys that are indispensable for the API’s operation.

For further understanding of why instrument keys are selected over alternatives, such as NSE symbols, you can refer to this detailed explanation: NSE Symbols Should replace Instrument Key.

I dont have any problem with instrument key. But with websocket your documentation uses symbol in place of instrument key, so please share documentation url of websocket using node js where instrument key is used in place of symbol. Thank You.

Edit:
According to your documentation in this sample code uses symbol not key.

I tried with key but not works, can you provide any code that alows key, not symbol.

@Swister1

I recommend testing both the Market quotes and the socket for ‘NSE_EQ|INE848E01016’, as they should function correctly.

For a comprehensive list of instrument keys, please consult the instruments file available at: Instruments | Upstox Developer API

Thanks!

I want to fetch data of Nifty 50, Bank Nifty here If I use NSE_INDEX|Nifty 50 then returns data where Nifty 50 is name, Not any key. But with curl I need to use key of Nifty 50 here not Allows Nifty 50.

@Swister1 Can you help with the curl request here for both scenarios (pass and fail) to investigate this further?