Trading issues and Feature request

Hi There,

I usually trade from tv.upstox.com using instant order. But there are some issues that I face during trading. I would like you to look into this.

1. Gap between Trigger price and Limit price for instant order in chart
    When we want to place SL-Limit order from trading view on clicking plus(+) button it shows for ex. “Buy 25 Nifty @ 125.0 Stop 125.05 Limit” Through here it places SL_LIMIT Buy order with trigger price 125.0 and Limit price 125.05. Here difference between trigger price and limit price is 0.05 which is not feasible as many time option prices skips the order. Hence if you increase it to at least 1 or 2 RS or give this option in trading setting to set fix gap whichever we want, will be very helpful.

2. SL-Limit Price band gets hidden when we drag trigger price to increase gap
    Here when we have placed SL-Limit order for Buy/Sell, we see 2 price bands on chart 1. trigger price, 2. Limit price. with gap of 0.05. Whenever we increase the price gap by dragging trigger price more than 50 or 75 RS, it gets remove from chart with error that Distance between trigger and limit price is beyond permissible range.
    I would like to suggest you to instead of hiding price band and throwing error. you increase limit price with respect to trigger price. i.e. for sell order if trigger price is set to 100 and limit price is set to 95. now If I move trigger price to 150 then limit price should be auto moved to 145 or whatever maximum permissible distance is allowed. Because we are playing with real money this issue cost us huge loss when we can’t book profit at right time as our time is being wasted in refreshing the web page and then chart also gets reset and we need to search strike price again at that time price is already moved below the purchase price and hits our stop loss.

3. We need to auto trail bought orders
    You have introduced Trailing SL feature which is great feature but if it places as soon as we buy order is executed then It will be very helpful. Either this option needed to be given when we place buy order to set trailing SL distance. and for tv.upstox.com there needs to be option in chart setting to place auto trailing SL order when we place instant buy order.
    And also there should be feature to lock profit if price didn’t reached to trailing gap. i.e. if I have purchased option at 100 and I have placed TSL at 95 with trailing gap of 15 but price moved up to 112 hence Stop loss will not trail as gap is not reached and it hits the stop loss. but we need an option to book at least some specific amount as profit. i.e. 3 RS so if price reverse from 12 then we should exit at 103 if price touches 103 RS.

4. We need intraday data along with historical data
    Currently we do not get intraday data with historical data API we need to call multiple API to get both at the same time.

5. Does order slicing applies to API also or we need to do it manually in API?

Hi @Jagdish_j_ptl,

Thanks for this feedback.

1, 2, 3. We’re revamping the tradingview order window to match the features we have on the pro web platform. Rest assured, yes TSL and others are getting their optimizations in place and will roll out soon.
4. Many users do not use historical data and Intraday data together. Hence we had it split - reduces the unwanted load management
5. Order slicing is currently manual on APIs. We’ve already built auto-slicing and will be shipping soon for API users.