Request for Business API for read-only access to Options data from application backend

Hi team,

I’m after read-only access to your Options API for integration into our application. I can see that your authentication requires that user’s log in, but we’re after an application-level authentication as we’re only after Options data for display, not trading.

I was told by your support team that I would need a Business API and to contact developers in this forum.

How do I go about getting setting this up?

Thank you!

David

Even when using the business API, authentication is required because the Option Chain API requires an access token. To generate the access token, a client ID is necessary.

Okay no worries.

How do I setup a client ID if I’m not based in India? Our company is based in Australia.

Thanks,

To set up a client ID, you must have an Upstox account. Currently, due to regulations, you need to be in India during the account opening process.

However, there are no such restrictions for accessing the Upstox API. Once your account is created, you can use the API from anywhere in the world.

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me.

To clarify, I can’t use the API until I open an Upstox account and I can’t open an Upstox account unless I am in India?

Thanks for all your help,

Yes, that’s correct. We are currently working on the NRI account opening, although I don’t have an ETA for it. Once it’s available, you can open an account and continue using the API.

Okay sure, thank you for all your help.

1 Like