Delay in exit order executions

Hi Team,

I am punching orders through API via Algotest. To my notice the exit orders are getting delayed upto 2 minutes from the actual execution time. The execution settings there are like when trigger hits a limit order should be placed ( for exit orders it just modifies the existing SL to the LTP as limit price) and if it doesn’t execute it converts to market after 5 seconds. But in my case the exit orders are getting converted to market directly after 20-30 seconds and in some cases upto 2 minutes. I have raised this to them and they said to check with broker. Kindly check upon this and help.

Thank You.

@Deshmukh, thank you for contacting me. Could you please provide your client ID so that I can assist you further?

Client ID - 5PBJQJ

Today here all the sell orders should have executed at 10:44:45 only as target was triggered but it keeps going on till 10:47:15. every leg was getting converted to market after a gap of 15 to 30 seconds. Happened this with many orders.

The difference between actual trigger time and execution time should be ideally maximum 5 to 6 seconds but it went on upto 3 minute. The more number of legs in one strategy the more is delay causing as per observation.

@Pradeep_Jaiswar any solution on this issue? this has happened today as well. Existing SL order supposed to modify at 15:28 as per LTP and if not executed within 5 seconds then convert to market but it has directly modified to market after 15 seconds.

@Pradeep_Jaiswar Sir, can you please check and update.

@Pradeep_Jaiswar Sir please check this as I am loosing money everyday bcz of this issue

The SL order log was observed on 07/03/2024 at 10:47:00.045 AM, and the order modification occurred at 07/03/2024 10:47:14.995 AM. There’s a consistent pattern of placing and modifying requests at intervals of 15-20 minutes. Currently, there are no identified issues with order execution.

Please proceed to place an order on the upcoming trading day. I will examine the system’s records for that day and will inform you if any discrepancies are found from our side, ensuring a thorough verification.

1 Like