Upstox v2 API - Python

Team,

I am unable to found any article regarding the Upstox v2 API. Other than official API documentation, no other material available online.

I believe, strong community support required in this area.

I struggled a lot to implement different API’s in python, but still I am lagging in Websockets.

I need help in this regard.

Thanks & Regards
Vamsi

3 Likes

Hi @vardhan36397 -

Thank you for your note and also thanks for being an early adopter of our new version of the API. The team spent a great deal of time developing the API but recognize that there are some aspects of support that we still need to build out. While we do have our technical documentation available on our Help pages for the new product, as you rightly pointed out, it doesn’t discuss additional integrations and various potential use cases. I’ve spoken to the Product lead about this and he is working on adding content for UpLink APIs and will be updating the Python SDK GitHub library soon.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

Great to see your reply.

Thanks & Regards
Vamsi

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
May I know the exact difference between the v2 API and older API?
What are the benefits of of using the later version?
and will the older API get discontinued?

Thanks
Ajinkya

1 Like

Hi,

The v2 APIs are built on a new architecture to give a more robust set of APIs.
The APIs have much faster response time and lower downtime. We are also adding more APIs for the benefit of our users and their needs. The APIs are also now available for free.

Our UpLink Business APIs cater to business use cases and are a fresh new additions with improved UI experience.

More new exciting updates are coming to the new API version. You can check the documentation here - Upstox API Documentation

With regards to the older version of APIs - yes, they will be discontinued after some time.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

Could you please let us know the update on Python SDK with Web Sockets implementation?

Thanks
Vamsi

1 Like

Hi @vardhan36397 Thanks for your follow up. We are working on updating the Python SDK GitHub library. It may take some time but we will update you as soon as it is done. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks for your reply Vivek. Why can’t you guys checkout latest technologies like Flutter?

Hey Vardhan

We’re working on getting Python out first as that’s the most requested API from folks.

Curious: are you using Flutter to build a mobile app that uses Upstox API but for individuals? Wanted to understand your use case further.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi Shrini,

I too like to share my personal requirement. As I am Software Engineer, I have lot of thoughts in my head. But I don’t have time.

In this case, I want to build application in Flutter not for others, but for my own use with my strategies. I don’t mind if you guys like to take a look.

As you build REST API’s, we can build Flutter App on top of it. I just want to make Upstox API more reachable by staying little ahead of other brokers.

Thanks & Regards
Vamsi

1 Like

Hi Vivek,

Could you please provide any update on Python SDK?

You can access the Python SDK at the following links:

1. GitHub repository: GitHub - upstox/upstox-python: Official Python SDK for accessing Upstox API
  2. PyPI package: upstox-python-sdk · PyPI

For reference, you can find the API v2 documentation at the Upstox Developer API at https://upstox.com/developer/api-documentation/

Furthermore, we are currently working on publishing the code for web-socket implementation in popular languages such as Python, PHP, Node.js, and Java. This code will be made available very soon.

1 Like