Language Barriers

Just now, I participated in your survey and provided required information to support your planning and decision making process. I would like to highlight the language barriers that you are not considering seriously to penetrate across all states in India. As per 2011 census report, 57% of the Indians speaks Hindi as their, First, Second and Third languages. In short, 43% of the total population is not native Hindi speakers.
You have an excellent faculty with highly qualified English Speakers and some of them are doing dual language presentation. Some of them are more inclined to Hindi based on the assumption that all of them are Hindi Speakers and they can understand complex derivative segment. Here, language creates barriers to impart knowledge to the non-Hindi attendees. I am from Kerala and I do believe that most of the South Indian states are not fluent Hindi speakers. In our state school curriculum, we learn three languages (Malayalam, English & Hindi) in the school but thereafter majority of the people are not using Hindi as medium of communication. If Upstox team want to reach to whole of India as a brand, they must adapt dual language policy. Mr Milan, Chirac, Raunauq & Kush Bohra proved their excellent communication skills in both languages but Upstox policy has to be flexible to conduct the Masterclass in both languages. At present, you are rotating the same series month by month and it would be convenient if you can arrange separate English session to accommodate all non-Hindi speaker from across India. I am differentiating Upstox from rest of peers based on your initiate to provide financial education to the novice trade through state of art facilities with highly qualified faculty. This is a forum to express the views and it is update to your consideration whether it makes sense or not.

2 Likes

Hi @5LB5SW -
I appreciate the feedback on this. As we think about scaling our education content, we are aware that we need to do this in multiple ways. One is to deepen the amount of available content from technical analysis to F&O to fundamental analysis to quantitative trading with courses from beginner to advanced. Two is to provide this content in various media including webinars, online written content, and structured courses. Third is that we need to broaden accessibility to these courses across multiple languages. Part of our process has been to see what resonates with people and then begin to expand. I will share this feedback to the content team and work them to figure out a plan to make this happen.

Thanks for the update about the enhancement of resource to meet the requirement for a wider audience.
I do understand the practical difficulty to cover the classes in multiple languages. In my view, English will serve the purpose to a great extent as majority of the quality study material are already available in English.
I came to know that ICICI, Fyers and Motital conduct their webinar in English also but the frequency varies.
Moreover, Zerodha Varsity contents are in English. This is what I noticed from the peers.