I wish to transfer shares from another demat account to Upstox using Easiest

I wish to transfer 100 shares from Finvasia to Upstox using Easiest. I have a couple of questions
a) What will be the charges, if any, that Upstox will levy for the transfer
b) I already have 140 shares of the same company in my Upstox demat account. How can I ensure that the average price will be correct after the transfer?

Thank you for your answers

Hi! We’re glad to know that you want to transfer shares to Upstox:) The process is pretty straightforward and can be done online via CDSL’s Easiest facility:

1. Register for CDSL’s ‘Easiest’ facility (Check with your broker if they provide this)
  2. Add 'account details (You can add up to 4 trusted accounts. Activation of trusted accounts may take up to 24 working hours)
  3. Once the trusted account is set up, go to ‘Setup’ under the transaction section
  4. Select ‘Bulk Setup’
  5. Click on the ‘Transaction’ tab
  6. Enter the following details and submit them
  • Execution date
  • Recipient BO ID
  • ISIN
  • Quantity
  • Reason for transfer
  1. Click on ‘Verify’ and then ‘Commit’
  2. Enter your CDSL Easiest PIN and click on ‘OK’ (8-digit PIN received at the time of CDSL Easiest registration)
  3. Once the DP confirms the request, the shares get transferred

Note:

• To use this facility, both the Demat accounts should be with CDSL
  • We will not charge you anything to move your shares to Upstox
  • Currently, the average price calculation for imported/transferred stocks is a manual process, we are working on improving this in the next 2 months and we will update you once it is live.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you, Ishaque
I have started the process

Hi.
The average price calculation for imported/transferred stocks is a manual process means?
Is there an option to update the average price manually for the transferred shares to Upstox?
If yes, how is it done
I have been facing the same issue in Upstox

Hey @Krishna_kant,

To understand how average price is calculated, you may visit: How is the average price calculated for Delivery positions ? - Upstox Help Center. For anything else, you can get in touch with us.

@Ishaque
The link you have quoted has explanations for buy and sell. Is “Transfer” counted as a “Buy”? And will the LTP on the date of the transfer be taken as the buy price?

Another competing brokerage has an option (I think, I have not used because not a customer there) wherein: you can inform the backend team of the brokerage, via a ticket, of the actual average price at which the transferred shares were bought and they will update that price manually. Does Upstox have such an option?

Thanks

Hey @SD22,

We are currently working on a feature that will allow our users to update the buy price for transferred stocks within the app. It will go live soon. We will keep you posted. Thanks.

@Ishaque

Is this live now? If no, could you please gives us an approximate date. Thanks

Hey @SD22,

We are pleased to inform you that the manual average price updating for transferred shares is now live for all transfers done since January 1, 2024.

To update the average price, please follow the below steps:

• Navigate to ‘Accounts’ >>> ‘Profile’ >>> ‘My Accounts.’
  • Click on ‘Reports’ >>> ‘Holdings Report.’
  • Select ‘Reports’ >>> ‘Holdings’ >>> ‘Discrepancies.’ (currently, this will be visible only if you have stocks transferred post 1st Jan 2024)
  • Choose the stock to update.
  • Click ‘Update’ and fill in details (purchase date, transferred quantity, average price, and type).
  • Hit ‘Save.’

For transfers done before 1st Jan 2024, we’re actively working on it and will have it available soon. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Hi Ishaque, i’ve transferred certain shares to one of the accounts in Upstox and the buy price for any of these scrips is not visible. I followed the path that you’ve suggested, but under Reports >> Holdings, I don’t see an option - Discrepancies. The transfer date was 17th Jan’24. Could you suggest.

Hey @Rahul_Taneja,

Welcome to the Upstox community! Could you please share your ticket id with us or raise a ticket here: https://uptx.to/tikt, and share the ticket number with us? This will facilitate further investigation and help us address your query effectively. Thank you.

Hi can you please assist

Hi @deena_dayalan ,

Certainly! We’d be happy to assist you. Could you please provide more details about your specific concern? This will help us better understand and offer the most accurate assistance.

Hi

I need to transfer my upstox shares to Chola securities

Deena

Hi @deena_dayalan ,

Thanks for elaborating your concern. To know the share transfer process from Upstox to another broker, refer to these links:

For NDSL account - uptx.to/transhr
For CDSL account - uptx.to/ShareTrsf

Feel free to reach out to us here in case of any other queries.