Feature Request: Adding Notes to Watchlists for Informed Investing

Hello Upstox Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’d like to propose a feature that I believe would greatly benefit long-term investors like myself, as well as traders who rely on watchlists to track their investments. The feature I’m suggesting is the ability to add notes to individual company stocks within our watchlists.

Why is this feature important?

As long-term investors, we often accumulate stocks with the intention of holding onto them for years. During this time, it’s not uncommon to forget the original reasons why we invested in a particular company or the target price at which we planned to sell the shares. Adding notes directly within our watchlists would solve this problem.

Key Benefits:

1. Informed Decision-Making: With the ability to add notes, we can record our initial investment thesis, including reasons for buying a stock and the target price or conditions for selling. This keeps us informed and prevents hasty decisions based on fleeting market sentiments.
  2. Enhanced Organization: Notes would add an extra layer of organization to our watchlists, making it easier to manage and monitor our investments effectively.
  3. Improved Long-Term Planning: For those with a long investment horizon, the ability to add and review notes would facilitate better long-term financial planning.

How it Could Work:

Ideally, users should be able to click on a specific stock within their watchlist and input notes in a dedicated section. These notes could be viewed or edited at any time, allowing us to track changes in our investment thesis over time.

I believe that implementing this feature would align with Upstox’s commitment to empowering investors and traders with the tools they need to succeed. It would not only enhance the user experience but also contribute to more informed, thoughtful, and strategic investing.

I encourage fellow community members to support this feature request if they find value in it. Together, we can help make Upstox an even more investor-friendly platform.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Hi @Himanshu_Saxena,

We thank you for your wonderful and detailed suggestion.

We have this in the pipeline and will notify you once it rolls out.