How is the average price updated for transferred stocks to upstox account from another demat account

Hi @Krishna_kant, thanks for reaching out.

It usually takes around 3 working days for the updated average price to reflect in your portfolio and unrealized P&L. Refer: How long will it take for the price to be adjusted and reflect on my portfolio and holdings P&L ? - Upstox Help Center

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us in case of any other queries.

Got that thing done. Thanks
But now i have a fresh issue regarding updating average price. I already held few stocks of Bank of Baroda in my upstox account FZ3308. Yesterday i had transferred good amount of same stock i.e. Bank of Baroda from another demat account to my upstox account FZ3308. I want to update the average price of the stocks transferred yesterday but i see that i do not have that option at all under Holdings>Discrepancy. I see that the average price of stocks (Bank of Baroda) transferred is updated same as the price of the old stocks which i held in the account before. Pls guide
Thanks

Hey @Krishna_kant,

After transferring your shares to Upstox, they are initially updated in your holdings. They appear in the discrepancy section after our system undergoes an automatic update process at 3 PM daily. Please check the ‘discrepancy’ section now and your holding should be visible. Refer - Where should I enter the average price for the transferred shares? - Upstox Help Center

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Previous week i had transferred 100 shares of Larsen Tubro shares from another demat account to my upstox account FZ3308. I want to update the average price of the stocks transferred but i see that i do not have that option at all under Holdings>Discrepancy. Kindly add the particular transferred stock under Holdings>Discrepancy soon so that i can update the average price

Thanks

Hi @Krishna_kant ,

Please check this tomorrow after 3 PM. If you still face any issues after it let us know.

Not yet updated. Why it’s taking so much time to update ?

Hi @Krishna_kant,

This has got processed and it’s visible for updating the average price. Please check the ‘discrepancy’ section now.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Hi, Any update on this pls?

1. I don’t see the price reflected yet .
  2. PLEASE ADVISE HOW DO I GET PL REPORT FOR transferred stocks which were sold in last FY, but not reflected in PL report.

Kind REgards

Hi @UK_Mohit,

Thank you for reaching out. To assist you better:

1. Could you please provide more details such as when the stock was transferred and if you’re still holding it? Also, where are you checking to update the average price?

2. As for the transferred stocks which were already sold, you’ll need to calculate the P&L manually using the buy price, sell price, and quantity.

Hope this helps!

In case you need more assistance, feel free to raise a ticket here: https://uptx.to/tikt & we’ll assist you on priority.

These were transferred last year July.

PL for tax submission,they will need official statement? As can see funds in Bank account? But please produced by Upstox can’t show these sold stocks.

Hey @UK_Mohit ,

From the above comment, we understand that you’ve transferred your shares. Could you please confirm if you currently hold the stocks? You can update the average price by referring to this link: Where should I enter the average price for the transferred shares? - Upstox Help Center If you encounter any issues, please raise a ticket: https://uptx.to/tikt and share the ticket number here so we can assist you further.

If you’ve already sold the shares, the transaction will appear in the unrealized P&L due to the missing buy price and will be noted under discrepancies. Once you update this information and once the information is processed. It will be correctly reflected in both your P&L and tax reports. We hope this helps.

If stocks are not visible in discrepancy tab or you are facing any issue in updating the average price, then please share your UCC ID or ticket number for us to verify the issue.

Unfortunately I am STILL HOLDING TRANSFERRED STOCKS - AND MUST SAY WORST DECISION OF LIFE TO MOVE MY LONG TERM PORTFOLIO FROM ICICI DIRECT TO UPSTOX…

Have sold some stock like Vod Lid, TCS, Reliance, but cant see these reflected in on P&L statement.

Raised multiple tickets, struggling to SINCE Jul to get price corrected. Pls send me your direct email id, I am happy to send all tickets, chasers sent since JUL 2023,

Hi @UK_Mohit,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. To assist you further, could you please provide us with the ticket number and your UCC?

This will help us review your case and address it promptly. We’re committed to resolving this issue for you. Thank you for your cooperation.

This was raised in OCT 2023- but every time with the same explanation your team closes TICKET … I had marked this to all possible escalations, but no response… so GAVE UP INTHE END…

UID - 2TBALW

Hi @UK_Mohit,

We empathize with your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the inability to update the average price of the transferred scrip earlier.

Based on the details you’ve provided, we’re pleased to confirm that you can now update the average price of the transferred scrip on our platform.

Here’s how:

1. Log into your Upstox account on the web.
  2. Navigate to ‘My Accounts’ → ‘Reports & Corporate Actions’.
  3. Select ‘Holdings’ → ‘Discrepancy’ (visible only for shares transferred after Jan 1, 2023).
  4. Choose the shares to update and click ‘Update’.
  5. Fill in the required details - purchase date, transferred quantity, average price, and type. Then, click ‘Save’.

Also, we tried connecting with you over the call, however, couldn’t get through. Let us know a good time to connect so that we can help you.

Thank you!

Hi @Vishal

Thanks for the response.

Where can I see average transferred price and dates pls?

Also, P&L for sold shares? Say I sold 100 TCS @3500.00 … but can’t find avg transferred price and sold price , pL for tax purposes.

Hi @UK_Mohit,

Just to clarify, there isn’t a transfer price. What you’ll require are the buy price and the scrip purchase date, which you can obtain from your previous broker from where the stocks were transferred. Once you have these details, you can manually update them following the steps provided in my previous message.

Also, we tried calling to provide further explanation, but the call went unanswered. Please let us know a convenient time for you so we can discuss your concern in detail.